View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 07:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
I'm all aluminum with my FE and I thought I had a rear main leak on top of an oil pan leak.
Then I got the Kirkham billet pan.
Haven't seen a drop of oil on the floor in almost 1,000 miles. And yes, Pat, there's oil in the engine
And while I'm not a race car driver, it does gets exercised enough to embarrass every one of the haughty cars that have wanted to play. Granted, the lines were always "somewhat" straight
See rodneym^^^. Uh let's ask rodneym about "reliability, power output and quality". He has an all aluminum twin Paxton blown FE, IIRC. And he's driven his car 5,000-10,000 miles. I don't remember him complaining about "reliability, power output and quality." We both had our engines built by Tom Lucas here in CA. While I haven't driven as many miles, I think my engine has been quite reliable with 600+ HP, no leaks, etc.

Do cast iron blocks make more HP? Everyone seems to think so, Barry and Brent do too. But if folks believe that a 125 lbs of block weight isn't a big deal (5.5% of my Kirkham), then why does a few extra HP with a cast iron block?

Last edited by RodKnock; 11-23-2016 at 07:17 AM..