CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarpoxx View Post
Many thanks to all for your choices,

I go by parts:

The compression of the engine is the origin, that is, 9.5 so I read that gave the Ford engines that year. The odometer marks only 650 miles, but it is not work so I have no idea how many miles the engine has (two year ago had the same miles...)

I do not have any restrictions on emissions or noise, so I have no problems in this regard with the law.

I would like to have a nasty idle sound, for me it is part of the special character of the cobra.

Maybe I did not express myself well, what I wanted to say is that although it is a car that is going to be used on the street (I speak of mountain passes and deserted roads) 100% of the time, I like to do a sporty driving, but not I'm looking for a car that gives the power at 7,000 rpm.

In fact, one of the thousands of things that has fallen in love with the Cobra is its torque at low turns (here in Europe a car with 5 liters of displacement is considered a HUGE engine, I no longer want to value what is thought of a motor Of 7 liters , so my priority is to not lose that good down torque.

That is to say, I would like a motor that goes down at least as it goes now (great for my taste), but it has the capacity to breathe up, since at present I notice that if I stretch it more than 5000 or 5500 rpm it faints (although it can Stretch it at 6.000 rpm I notice that it is very forced). In short, it is not that you want the power at 7,000 rpm (and less if that is going to make it down there is nothing) but have a real use margin up to about 7,000 rpm, although the pontencia delivered it to 6500 Rpm (I do not know if I explain myself).

Maybe bykins and moore_rb have explained better than me. I only want a engine that is capable to reach 7.000 rpm, not to give the peak power at this point.

Bwdz, thank you for the explanation, did not know those details of the old engines.
Dear Zarpoxx,

I think you have explained yourself very well.
...and the more I learn about your situation and the terrain you'll be driving in Spain, the more I think a rear end ratio change is your initial solution.

Generally speaking our American compadres are exposed more to interstate/hwy/freeway cruising, straight-line dragging and/or circle track work, rowing through the gears isn't necessarily their number one consideration.

If your driving spiritedly through this sort of terrain:

Then you would be better served changing the rear end to something between 3.73 or 4.11 to help launch you out of those corners, and climb to the next apex.

Enjoy