View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 03:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
So what would you buy today and hope it would be worth a small fortune in 50 years time?JD
Like in the movie Demolition Man, I suspect the world will be quite different in 2066. I suspect self driving cars will be the norm and human driving will be banned in densely traveled areas where networked self driven cars can travel more closely packed, faster and more safely. That means people like me who want to drive lower cost performance cars will have to live in less dense, rural areas. The decline in demand for lower cost performance cars will drive their cost down, so the 2016 Hellcats, Corvettes and Mustangs will not be worth a small fortune in 50 years. ... As truly valuable collector cars in 2066 will appear mostly at race tracks, trailered car shows and in museums/private collections, I think they will have to be cars that are recognizably rare and collectible in their own time, like the Ford GTs that ran at Le Mans this year. That means none of the cars that will be worth a small fortune in 2066 can likely be purchased for $25,000 today. If you can afford to spend several hundred thousand dollars today and you get lucky, you might achieve your small fortune. .... This reminds me of the old joke. How you make a small fortune in Vegas? Start with a large one.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor