View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 07:30 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartruff1 View Post
Truth....no one thought that muscle cars would ever be worth a dime, much less old race cars...

The Trans Am and Can Am were the golden age of road racing but who would have bought Penske's clapped out old Camaros ???
Well I wouldn't have bought a POS Camaro but a Boss302? Oh yeah! Talk about missing out on old race cars, back in the late 80s or early 90s I was looking for parts for my own B302 when from the highway I spotted what looked like a 70 mustang on a trailer. So I exited and went back to see if they had any parts for sale. They tried to sell me the car for $3500. It looked just like an old clapped out roundy round car that had been beat to **** with a 2bbl 351 under the hood. Still, even though there was quite a bit of crappy welding in parts of the cage and repairs all over, there were parts that looked well engineered like someone long ago had actually cared for it. Then the guy started talking. Told me how it was one of the original Trans Am cars. That was strike 2 in my mind because I knew all the team cars were accounted for. Then he told me how it was built by Kar Kraft in Los Angeles. In my mind that was strike 3 because Kar Kraft was in Brighton Michigan. So I was outa there (like an idiot.) But I did tell a friend who knows much more than I do about the story. He went and looked at it, (off the trailer this time) opened the door and there big as life was the KK tag of the Smoky Yunick Boss that hadn't been seen by enthusiasts in years. Needless to say maybe but he bought it for 4k then sold it on a few years later for much more. Live and learn. Here's that car today after the extensive restoration. How much is a one of one vintage T/A car worth these days? I have no idea but I lost out big time!