View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 03:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

Steve, My car is not an A&C so consider this an idea that might work rather than a sure solution. My dash was made from a simple sheet of aluminum about 1/8" thick +/- . The bottom edge is straight and was made by creating a 3/4" lip on a bending brake at the same sign shop where I bought the aluminum. The top edge is shaped like an arch to fit behind the fiberglass lip of the body. The cut didn't have to be perfect (as it doesn't show) so I cut it with a band saw. The outermost 6-8 inches on both sides curve toward the front of the car to follow the lines of the fiberglass and wrap around the metal birdcage that supports the doors. I removed the bottom lip in the areas to be curved and used a large tube of some kind (likely PVC pipe) as a form and hand shaped the curves. Drills and hole saws made places for the gauges, mounting holes and switches. .... Again, your car may be entirely different, but if this helps, I'm glad.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Last edited by Tommy; 12-11-2016 at 03:56 AM..