View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 02:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     
Default Route 66 Arrangements

As regards the Rt. 66 Fun Run this year, we will be staying at the same hotel even though it's not the same hotel. The Travelodge is now the Red Roof Inn. While we will no longer be staying in the back building, I've asked for and received confirmation that they will block 15 rooms for ($58.99 plus tax) in the front building on the bottom floor for us. When you make your reservations, you will need to call (928)757-1188 and identify yourself as being with the Arizona Cobras car club and mention my name as having booked the reservations. We only have 15 rooms and they will only be held until the first week of April, so if you're going, reserve your rooms soon.

The schedule will be pretty much the same as usual.
Leave Chevron station at I-17 and Carefree Hwy. Friday May 5 at 10:00 AM.
Stop in Chino Valley for a short break. Proceed to Seligman to pick up goody bags and registrations.
Lunch at the location of choice in Selgman. If you eat at Snow Cap which everyone should at least once, be sure to ask for mustard on the burger when you order.
Leave Seligman and proceed to Kingman, register check in, relax a while then we will go to dinner.. location to be determined.
Saturday will either be a run back to Seligman and launch with the run or hang out at the car show all day.
Saturday night is always pizza night.
Sunday, those who are compelled to drive are free to make a run for it. Some of us with more patience will make the Salmon run up old 66 with stops at Hackberry for photo ops and Seligman for a meal at West Side Lilos. Then depart for home after chow.

Any questions, give me a call. Thanks Dan

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."

Last edited by Danr55; 04-24-2017 at 04:20 PM..