View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 09:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: All original, with Chevy engine since 1964
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
I use Firefox on my phone. No such directory on my phone.
The hack is in the native Android browser (which all the other 3rd party browsers actually use to interact with your phone's OS)- I only tested it with Chrome, and removing the goAdSDK folder helped. It must put its scripts in a different location with Firefox.

try closing all apps on your phone, then open your native Android browser (the one with the Globe icon). If the bogus warning pages instantly appear (or if it opens a Play Store window to some bogus ad blocker) before your home page loads, then you are still infected - at which point you can open the settings in the native browser, and clear the cache and all temporary data (this shouldn't impact your firefox cache at all) Then, set your native browser's homepage to a safe destination with a public certificate (https://google.com for example), and restart your phone one more time.

after this 2nd restart - open your phone's native browser again, and try to navigate to club cobra from the native browser... click some links, and see if the issue is cleared up. If it is, then go try club cobra from Firefox, too...