View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

- I've decided to eliminate the doors. I only gained 3.5 inches of access by having them.
- I ground off the gel coat around the edges of the body where I will be adding fiberglass. when I get the upper part of the body glassed together it will get turned over and glass will be added along all of the joints.
- I added steel to support the body at the rear deck. The gas tank will be bolted to the bottom of the frame rails and will be able to be removed by dropping it out the bottom with out removing the body.
- I'm adding foam for the rear deck, rear bulk head, and the perimeter of the cockpit. All will be shaped then glassed in. The body will lift off as 1 piece and will be supported well, and lined up when set down on the frame.
- There will be a small sealed "trunk" accessible from the rear bulkhead, from between the seats.
- The Cheetah had it's radiator behind the front axle center line. Air went through it then built up in the engine compartment. My radiator fits ahead of the center line. It will be fully ducted so that the air will flow along the sides of the frame, out side vents that i will add to the nose. No air flowing through the radiator into the engine compartment.
The pic of the radiator was only to see if it fits. It does with the nose on.
- The radiator is 16 inches tall. I had this one in my shop. I've used it on other builds and it's worked fine, even on the track. I know that it looks small. If I need a larger radiator one for a Chevy s10 V8 conversion will work. It's 16 by 28 and is a triple core. With dual fans it's $160.

I'm going to be lowering the dash

Having fun.

Last edited by john chesnut; 12-27-2016 at 05:38 PM..