View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 12:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompClassics View Post
As I have previously posted, as the value of the original cars goes up there will be voids left on the grids that will have to be filled.
I am looking forward to watching your build. Is the Cobra you are building utilizing a glass or alloy body? The reason I ask is because I was under the impression that the body like the brakes and a few other items had to be as the 1960s variant of the car being entered.
I have recently acquired another shops project that was also being prepared for the SVRA program, this one is a Kirkham being built for the B-Production class. Unfortunately for the owner of the Cobra that I now have in my shop the previous shop building the car went sideways and added components to the car to make it illegal for SVRA's "Gold Medallion" certification program that would allow the car into the vintage races where original period cars run (Coronado, Sears Point, Indy and the COTA). The car is still eligible for SVRA B-Production with these modifications but the owner was looking to go with the more original cars and the "Gold Medalian" program.

The "Gold Medalian" program requires that the car being entered be built exactly as per the original car was that is being reproduced.
it sounds that the "Gold Medalian" requires the same specs as the FIA-HTP?
for the FIA-HTP the car should have all the original specs inclusive the body, a glass body wouldn't be allowed...