Thread: NSW engineer
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 03:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Dax
Not Ranked     

Compliance is no harder than it used to be.
They have demonstrated that the RMS's record keeping requirements are not being met.
They have shown that people are using non compliant fittings and certifiers are letting them through, or that people are changing things after registration.
I have compliant side pipes on a V8 clubman.
Indicators appear to be a major area that people always get wrong. Side repeaters and rear indicators included in this.
All the e-markings need to be decoded and demonstrated as meeting the right parts of the ADRs.
Why do sun visors need to be replaced for non compliant ones? That baffles me.
The warning sticker is what it is. You can also get the same thing on your seat belts in you don't want it on your dashboard.
I make my dashboards with the padding built in. I've poured a GT40 dash from the right density foam so that it is compliant.

Most of this stuff just needs a bit of thought and then it can all stay on and doesn't need to 'fall off', will look correct and no one has the problem.

But I'm not one of the cool kids who wants a carbied V8 because that's what the original had. I don't see anyone running side oilers but they want carbs... so it's just a wank factor thing and nothing to do with originality.

Treeve