View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 02:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I worked on the body a few hours today.
- I worked on the flares. I have them now to where I will glass them in. I need to do final tweeking to the radius around the tire. They will be blended into the body so that they don't look like they were tacked on.
- I'm going with the rear deck raised, as shown in the pictures. I don't know of any Cheetah that was done this way. But, I want to minimize the difference in height between the body and the top of the roll bar. I've seen picture where the drivers head was significantly higher than the roll bar. Stupid.
- I set the roll bar so that it's 2 inches above the top of my head when I'm sitting in the car.
- I made a mock up head fairing out of foam and poster board and set it on the rear deck to see the look. No Cheetah that I know of used a head fairing. But, I'm liking the look.
- I will not mold head fairings to the body. I'll make them a separate piece. That way I can add 1 or 2 when I want.
- I plan on making a coupe top that will bolt to the body. The windshield frame will bolt to the frame and will be easy to take on and off. I'll have a low version for the Speedster and a full height one for a coupe.
- I'm finished with mocking the body up. Tomorrow I'm going to glass the body mods. And, clean the shop!