View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 01:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
UPS just delivered my new close ratio top loader from Dan Williams Toploaders (2.32, 1.69, 1.29, 1.0). Brought it inside to sit in the den until the weather breaks. The barn is a little leaky and I do not want to let the transmission get rusty during the thaws. If anyone is wondering, 1795 is the year that my house was built and the barn is about that old too! Everybody had taken most of the good monikers and I was getting frustrated with having to think up new ones, so I settled on 1795.

I will keep things updated as parts come in, probably should have waited a little before starting this thread, because there will not be a lot to post for a while until the roller gets here. I will be purchasing a race seat, fuel cell, fire system, fuel pump, tires, etc. along the way so that once the body is here I can go to town.

Dan does nice work and is a fund of knowledge. Just remember, if you call him to have a nice comfortable seat because you will be on the phone for a while; he does like to talk. A really friendly guy.

Jim
Great choice of transmission Jim (I'm using one in a 289 as well). What tailhousing did you specify?
There are a lot of us here who look forward to build threads like this! Looking forward to the rest of the story as it unfolds.

Cheers,
Glen