View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 08:38 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Neutral     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
So it's a little hard to understand, but I think the time sequence is that the car was at one time registered in California, but the last time of record is 2008 and the car has not had a valid registration since then. The owner is now trying to register the car again.

Is this correct?

If so I suspect what is happening is that the owner is now running into the complications of SB100 registration process for replica vehicles. Since the registration lapsed it would have to start that process all over again. SB100 has been discussed on this forum many times. It's not a really complicated process but it is a rule-laden process with lots of steps. Those steps seem to be easier in certain locations because of the experience level of the state people that are involved. So knowing where you are located might help others point you to the right people.

Good luck!
Correct he is attempting to re register it and they are not very easy to deal with I'm getting. He is trying to register it in the San Jose area if I'm not mistaken but he's been twice now and has been met with tons of resistance. He is also thinking of selling it due to the headache he's running into or attempt to ship it out here to phx az and register it here as our emissions s aren't as bad as californias. I will research the SB100 as this is all new to me.