View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 08:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Cobra #1628, Coast Performance Stroker 427W Ford 520HP/535FT.TQ, Blue with white stripes
Neutral     
Exclamation 2017 NW Club Cobra Whistler Trip

We are one again going to travel to Whistler British Columbia for a summer club trip. It was Summer 2015, since we made the trek and it is time to once again connect with our Canadian brothers and sisters and each other. I have entered into an agreement to hold 15 rooms at the Pan Pacific mountain side resort (Same as 2015) for the weekend of July 14-15 and departing July 16th. This is a super nice resort in the village and close to tons of activities and resteraunts and bars. Equally important, we will once again have reserved and taped off parking in the underground parking ($15 a day). The cars are safe and sound when you leave them, which aids in a relaxing weekend. I will make reservations for a group dinner on Saturday evening like we did in 2015 and we will most likely gather for a casual dinner on the patio of the Irish Pub at the resort on Friday evening. We will leave Tacoma at 8:30 am and pick up a north group along the way at the McDonalds (19808 44th Ave W, Lynnwood, WA 98037, take exit 181A from I-5 North). We will continue north to Ferndale and Fuel/rehab at the Pilot station exit 262. Then continue on towards Whistler. If you have not made this trip before it is very scenic and one of my favorite open car road trips.
We have 15 rooms reserved with a discount room rate. They are offering studio suites for $189 a night and 1 bedroom suites for $259 a night. The block is limited to 7 of each type of room, so the first to call and reserve a room will have preference on room type. They will hold the block until Mid Feb., but don't wait. They have asked that we book directly with Megan Carson at 604-966-5506. Tell her you are with NWClub Cobra when booking. You are free to book elsewhere if you would like, however it is tough to connect with the group and coordinate activities if you go down that road. Remember the room rates are in Canadian, not US, so they are really 30% off of that price because of the current exchange rate. Whistler is a very sought after summer trip location and the resort will sell out, so please don't push it out after Feb. or you may miss out on getting a room. Feel free to share with other Cobra folks and let's make this the best trip yet! If you have any questions ask away.

Jake
Attached Images

Last edited by Jake; 02-24-2017 at 05:19 PM..