View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 02:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well it's been over a week since my last post. I went away for a few days to visit family and friends. Then I took some time to clean the shop. Then I decided that I needed to build a new frame!

- I found that I was able to sit lower in the car than I originally thought. The original frame is 18 inches tall. I figured that I could lower it to 16 inches and simplify the frame at the same time. Lowering the side rails and trans tunnel let me sit lower and keep my arms resting at a comfortable height.

- A friend of mine is a retired chassis/suspension engineer. He has a car built with C4 suspension. He sent me suspension measurements that improves on the stock C4 suspension.

- C4 suspension was the same from 1984 thru 1987. For 1988 there was a change to the front upper Aframe mounts. The spindle was made taller so the mounts were raised as well.

- I decided since I was building a new frame that I would incorporate my friends changes and incorporate mounting points for all years of C4 suspension.

- I've spent the last couple days building the new frame. Here's pics of progress.

- Unfortunately I'll have to do more glass work to fit the body to the new frame. I do have a sickness.