View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 06:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR chassis and suspension, Mr. Bruce 289 FIA body
Not Ranked     

Here is today's problem:

As shown in the picture, the distance between the bottom of the trunk and the latch arm in the closed position is .750. The height of the body lip in the next photo is .875. That means the trunk latch will hit by .125. The sweep f the arm requires a notch 2.00 long plus somehow making clearance for the arm in the closed position.

I do have some space between the trunkpan and the frame which will likely provide the clearance I need. That means I would have to notch both the body and the trunkpan. With the trunkpan now installed, that's going to be a challenge.

The next issue is how high do I make the striker? I can't crawl in the trunk after the body is on to measure, so I'm trying,to,calculate it by measuring all the pieces (trunk, hinge, body, etc.). And where do I mount the striker? What does it need to look like? Will it clear the inside of the trunk lid?

If I attach the striker to the back of the frame it will hit the latch arm and trunk lid. If I mount it to the trunkpan in the trunk then the striker has to be really long and will catch on things.

Just frustrated with this whole project.

Last edited by Bill D; 01-15-2017 at 07:11 PM..