View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 09:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #100 under construction
Not Ranked     
Default a bit long winded but........

Well, I'd better update the journey-to keep things in perspective a bit.
We came out of bankruptcy in July 2015 ( I just love the CBA !)
The bride got a great job with a fantastic firm in Capalaba (20-mins from home) great salary, fantastic people and even better job. I got myself back into being a rubber grub (tyre industry) and we were starting start over as it were, slowly getting some $'s together and getting a little bit ahead. I was slowly picking gear for #100. I bought totally adjustable rear suspension, overhauled the rear brake brakes-kitted the calipers, new disc's and H/D pads and new hand brake cables, picked up a new fabricated front end from Andrew at Fabrication 81 (whatever) and fitted it, along with 320mm HSV front slotted calipers and new Landcruiser 4 spot calipers ( a bit heavy-I can live with that ATM) & H/D pads, fabricated some brackets to fit (actually a piece of cake !) with nice new hardware bolting everything.Plus doing a whole bunch of other stuff that you do-accumulating more gear to (auto headlight & rain sensing wiper systems) seat heaters (just in case I need to keep warm) rather than fitting a heater and just generally collecting the bits that you want.
The cook came home from work early May 2016 saying she was a bit tired & we both didn't think much of it, but by mid to late May had to make a Dr's appointment.
On 31st May diagnosed with Lung Cancer-
So started another journey began !
Unfortunately it didn't have a happy ending & my bride of 44yrs went to God (or where ever !) 20th August
So now another Journey starts !
This journey hopefully will culminate with #100 being finished and doing a road trip to Tasmania -which was always our plan.
So I've pretty much having to start not so much again, but collecting my thoughts as to where I am at, and where the direction I'm taking/was taking/am going to take or whatever !
That being said it begins again.
I'm sorry about being a bit long winded with this but as you can tell-I must have run over a Chinaman as he old story goes ! (with apologies to any one !) somewhere along life's highway.
So when this is all done and you see Cobra rego NUM-100 you will know who it is- and hopefully give me wave and think FINALLY the old bastard has finished it.

Harrison #100