View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 08:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: All original, with Chevy engine since 1964
Not Ranked     

I'm going to put this holley side-topic to bed,before it totally side-tracks the new guy's original topic (which was 390 FE's)

The ONLY Holley carbs on this planet that have accelerator pumps on the secondaries, as well as a vacuum diaphragm, are hacked up Frankenstein rebuilds done by mis-mashing the parts together from multiple carbs (I've seen more of these through the years at swap meets, and on craigslist, than I could count) - buyer beware.

Holley NEVER (ever) offered a OEM carburetor part number that had an accelerator pump on the secondaries, AND had vacuum actuated throttle plates on the secondaries.... NEVER. Don't take my world for it- Call Holley product support.

Mr. Davids2toys- Your Craigslist Holley carburetor is either a double pumper, OR it has vacuum secondaries. It's isn't both, unless it is hacked together junk.

The CJ'sPony Parts listing posted above is for a mechanical secondary (aka: double pumper) carb.

The Holley listing posted above is for a vacuum secondary (non double pumper) carb

Your DaVinci carb in your other craigslist ad is correctly identified as a double-pumper