View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 05:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thank you gentlemen. I estimate about 300 hrs in figuring it all out and making it happen. Sounds excessive but I gave it over a month of 8 hour days to get it done tastefully. I'm very happy with the turn out because everything was a first. Things like trimming nearly 3" out of the hieght of the top to cutting an aray of brackets to fasten it. Priming and block sanding to making a new roll bar. Electric actuators lifting the top without it putting pressure on the windshield was also a little tricky. This is just a hobby for me not my profession. Only thing I got help with was colour matching the paint and laying it. If you know Mr Bruce's tops, you'll see that they come with the gas filler cradle on the passenger side of the top. That was a bit of work to remove and fill. You may notice that the stock shape of the side vents has been changed to accommodate the round pop up vents. That was like doing dentistry lol. Anyway, I would be happy to photograph the four mounting points and posting it. Basically two sliding brackets at the top corners of the windshield and two quick latches just behind the doors. Strong enough to withstand any stresses.