View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 02:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Finally finally finally I discovered and made time this arvo to give the clutch a go in terms of reducing the pedal pressure.

I used BGT in Dandenong as my source of info and parts and have to say all credit to their work and knowledge.

Two things happened when I first went to them with both the clutch master and slave in my hand.

The first was recognition that I'd flogged out the master due to poor alignment of the plunger off the pedal. This was improved, I doubt it can be fully fixed with this set up, by moving the attachment point 8mm up the clutch pedal.

This in itself achieved a good result softening the pedal and I've been driving the car for months like that without too many issues.

As well, BGT knew from experience that they could bore out and sleeve the slave to 1" and this was done to a new slave.

With the slaves swapped out today, my release point is now earlier in the pedal travel but the increased hydraulic leverage has now provided a very comfortable clutch pedal pressure.

The final test was to let the missus loose and she went for a drive around the block. Seems I earned my brownie points today as she is very pleased with the result.

The whole G-Force set up is pretty agricultural but it is working for the moment. But it now gives me time to think silly thoughts like replacing the whole lot down the track with a proprietary set up.

I'd say it was marginal between the pressure improvements from moving the master attachment point on the pedal over increasing slave size, but together the two improvements have resulted in a good pedal pressure.

Hope this helps others with the same quandary.

Cheers