View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 11:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic CCX3021 Keith Craft 428fe
Neutral     

Well...at long last, the serpent breaths again.

Funny story.... got it finally started. Took it up the road for rego and back. Seemed ok, just a plug lead was loose. A week and a bit later, the magnesium wheels were really oxidised so I took them off and wet sand and polished them up, and put them back on. I left the safety wires off and thought I'd go around the block and then check them again before wiring them. The excitement of driving her again seduced me to go around the BIG block - basically a circle from my place at Copacabana through Avoca beach, Kincumber then back to Copa. Anyway I get to Avoca Beach about 3Km and the bum felt a little floaty. Pulled over to check for a flat tyre, and turned out to be both rear spinners were very loose - a couple of turns. and of course, its been so long, I forgot about the hot side pipes. Ouch. No tools and no phone to call the Mrs, I managed to borrow a sledge hammer and piece of 4x2 from a builder nearby and tightened them up to limp home. I was so paranoid I kept stopping to check.

It was an adventure, I must admit, but now I'm so paranoid about the knock offs. Its been too hot up this way to take her out again, but when I do I'll be stopping every Km to check. I know in reality, they've never come off before and most likely wont again...I just have to convince myself.
I've looked up just about every article, forum post and video on knock offs. It will be fine once I get over the paranoia.