Old 02-02-2017, 11:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivygreen65 View Post
Dan,
Would this type of Autolite stamp be correct for a later build date? I'm assuming Autolite changed the format of its stamp with the wholesale change from generators to alternators in mid-1964. This stamp is consistent with every original alternator I've seen on a post-August 64 small block Ford.
The change in the parts division identification was a branding change and not a parts design change. Cobras were loaded with FoMoCoŽ branded parts. Some used AUTO-LITEŽ brand 12V batteries followed by AUTOLITEŽ 12 batteries. They used three rib AUTOLITE BF32 spark plugs. Ford purchased Auto-Lite in 1962 and slowly over several years changed the art and text of production packaging. At first they just added notations to earlier packages that the products were made by Ford.

The original post and my replies related to 1964-65 CSX2201 and later Cobra alternators used to build the cars new. As I indicated in the original posting commentary, I would not believe anything not a FoMoCoŽ C3MF-10300-A marked unit to have been something Shelby American built a new Cobra with if that is your question.