View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 05:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

The hood, doors and trunk lid do indeed look like aluminum. I don't think anyone is arguing that. I believe a couple of people , possibly including Tom D'Antonio at Hi-Tech used to produce these aluminum pieces as options for their own 'glass-bodied cars and owners of other brands with accurately shaped openings could and did adapt them to fit. Still others like some members here have been able to fabricate their own. It's easy to conclude that a car with alloy doors and lids and well made aluminum inner panels has a full alloy body, though I'm not suggesting this is what happened here.

It's difficult for me to appear to doubt the testimonial of someone who has actually seen the car, but I have to say the fact that the body really looks like a Contemporary fiberglass body has me on the fence. No ego or anything else at stake for me - I'm just really curious to see how it all pans out.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...