View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 04:09 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by krausewich View Post
Are more people going to chime in and help this guy achieve what he came here for in the first place, which is to assess a value on the car for this lady...
Let's face it, before we can assess the value, we need to ascertain whether the body (any of it) is actually aluminum, or just the underside finished in aluminum. We'll also need more details on the drivetrain, the last time it was running, heck, even the age of the tires before we can make an educated guess on value. To say "it's a Contemporary, has a 427 engine, what is it worth" is like saying "the sky in blue above my head, what shade of blue is it". You might be able to come up with a figure, but it is not an educated one, nor will it help the widow one way or the other, where the folks like myself, who did this for a living, require some real information before putting pen to paper and working out an actual figure that will be best for both a seller and a buyer

I'll ignore the rest as it is not worth your time or mine

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS