View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 06:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAStuart View Post
This is the bushings in the outer part of the rear lower control arm where it attach the upright. There are two of them in each arm and there is a seal on each side of each bushing. Is it oilite or some kind of bronze?
Mark

Spreadsheet tables don’t paste into forum posts well. If somebody can tell me how to attach a file that can still be opened I will post the list of Cobra rack and pinion chassis service parts I compiled circa 1992 as general information. I have sent the spreadsheet file to several original Cobra owners recently so I think a few owners are still doing their own wrench work. Some of the original bushings and bearings are still common industrial items.

The original AC Cars rear lower vertical link pins were chrome plated. On street cars they were lubricated during assembly at AC Cars and that was it. To relubricate them required disassembly. I have had three cars apart rear suspension wise and only one had damaged chrome plating at it was a car driven in a state that salted its roads in the winter. To make replacements I bought chrome plated precision ground shaft material as used to build hydraulic cylinders. Shelby American had their own drawing version to make their own in the race shop.