View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 12:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     
Default Run To The Sun 2017 (RTTS 2017)

Hello Cobra Buddies,

Yes there will be another “Run To The Sun 2017”! We have a block of rooms on hold for the group, so make your reservations NOW! The dates are, arriving June 23th departing on June 25th. Gloria and I will be staying an extra day and departing on the 26th, you are welcome to join us.

Breakfast will be on Friday the 24th at 10:00 AM in the Silvana, WA area, at Steve & Judy Crosten's, as it was last year. We will depart from Silvana and head over Highway 20 to Winthrop and Sun Mountain Lodge (SML). This is always a fun drive. We usually make a couple of stops at view points and comfort. Hopefully it won't rain like it did last year! Friday Evening we will meet in the Wolf Creek Bar & Grill for few adult beverages (if you are so inclined), swap lies and have dinner.

Saturday, after breakfast, we will make a run to an as yet undetermined place. In years past we have gone to the Chelan, Winery which also has great food for lunch. We have also taken picnic lunches to a winery near Omak which even had live music. The destination will be 60 to 90 minutes from the SML. If you have ideas for a run on Saturday please send them to me.

We'll back early enough so people can hit the pool or take nap. In the evening we will meet for dinner at the hotel restaurant (5 Star) in a private dining room called the Wine Cellar for dinner. By the way it is the hotel wine cellar.

We did not do a commemorative shirt last year. If you would like me to do a shirt this year, please let me know, and I will arrange for a shirts. We have not done a shirt for a couple of years, and I think it is about time to do one again. Based on past experience, cost will be between $30 and $40 each.

When you make your reservations be sure and say you are with the “NW Cobra Club”. Looking forward to seeing all of you at the “Run To The Sun 2016”!

If you wish check SML, they a have a very good website.

Dale & Gloria
SPF469

PS- Gloria and I will be hauling our car north from Lake Havasu in early June. It looks like I will not be racing the 240Z up their. We just could not workout the logistics.