View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 01:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

Your choice of kit also depends on how important body shape is to you. Even though they all generally 'look' like a Cobra, every single kit has a different body shape. I chose the Pace because to me, it had the most authentic look. Others were too narrow, some had a dropped/tucked butt, others a 'perky' butt, some a 'broken back', others not enough flare on the rear wheel arch etc.

Do you want a 427SC or a 289 Slabside?

If body shape is important in your choice, then you need to carefully look at the kit. In terms of the most accurate 427SC shape, you have Kirkham, Absolute Pace and Superformance. There might be others too, but these three are top of mind for me.

There was a image that somebody posted a few years ago that had the side profiles of all the different Cobra replica offerings. That made it really easy to see the differences. Does anybody have it and can post it here?

The other thing that may matter is frame design. Some have original style frames/chassis, and others not. The Pace is about as far removed as you can get to an original chassis design, but it is a newer, stronger, more rigid design. Body shape was more important to me anyway so that's what led my choice.

Cheers,
Sime