Old 02-09-2017, 01:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #259
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra #3170 View Post
Hi Morris,
Yes Kinetics is doing the new one too, I have had so much good luck with them for over 23 years on 5 different engines I would not go anywhere else.
It will be interesting to see how well it works, was turning the old one 8200 on a regular basis and it looked like new inside other than some valve guide wear.
Bruce

That's great to hear... as you may or may not know Kinetic's built our motor and our motors used a lot of the same componets ..... I remember seeing your block when it was in pieces and they welded it back together and rebuilt the whole engine ....

I've been very happy with my motor ... I believe the only difference was the Fuel injection you were using and ours used a Holley 4500 Carb.... we were shooting for Road America where we could open it up down the 3 big straight away's and it worked great.....we were only running 7500 rpm's....

But I always wanted to make some changes for some of the shorter tracks... but never got there....

I'm excited for you and will be watching all of the development you come up with .... I'm just a FE Fan and once we got the breathing issue worked out... it to me.....was a motor to be dealt with

Keep us abreast of your progress. and get Chris to take lot's of photo's...

Morris