Old 02-09-2017, 07:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Traction control

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post
Traction control should be a game changer for you. I can't wait to see the dyno sheet.
So many people were cheating last year that they just gave up and made it legal for Goodguys. My understanding is that ABS and electronic shocks will also be legal in 2017. Looking at computer data we were below 1900 rpm in 3 corners so the main emphasis is getting minimum RPM higher and then being able to run 9000 rpm reliably. I have a 4.88 rear gear ready to go in so we should be better getting off tight corners. Engine acceleration should be much better too but I suspect we will lose horsepower.
Torque will likely be in the mid 500's now but we had too much anyway.
It is a real gamble because the 498 engine was really strong everywhere just hope I made the right move. The cars handling and brakes are close to optimum now so this was the only place we could potentially pick up time over last year.
All our competitors are going nuts with either mods such as $10,000 Bosch racing ABS units and GM electronic shocks or even all new cars. We probably showed them too much speed in November but I like to go for it as does Scott. Robby Unser chastised us for showing our entire hand but I liked seeing their reaction to the cars speed. Good old shock and awe, of course that just spurred them on so maybe Robbie was right.