View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 05:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique & Collectibles, Forte 427 SB, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

I`m a little over halfway through building mine.
The only "issues" I would say I had were all drivetrain related.
I`ve had to do some "nip" and "tucking" on a few things.

Being you`ve said that you`ve built 2 Factory Fives already, you should be used to modifying/changing things on a Cobra build.

I also got the colored gelcoat body.
It does require some some work to make it shine. Well, gelcoat will never shine like paint. The only catch with A&C`s gelcoat finish is no metallics, flakes or candies. Solid colors only. Still, a MUCH cheaper option then $10K in paint and body.

Joe T. is available during the week to answer your questions if you can catch him.
Sonny will be the one who you`ll be doing all the ordering through.

I went with A&C because I got a hell of a deal from an indivdual who had to get out from under his order.
I`ve had several of the Dallas Cobra guys over to my garage to see/help out on the build and everybody seems to agree it`s a decent car. (Everybody was impressed with the gelcoat finish)

You`ll find the build manual is rather sparse. (Nothing compared to the 600+ page F5 manual) If you have any questions, this subforum will help you out in a day or 2 after you post a build question.

With 2 Cobra builds under your belt and some mechanical knowledge, you`ll be able to get through an A&C build pretty easily.

My long winded ass will shut up now.