View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 03:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AC Cobra - ICCARS 001, 4.2LTwin Turbo, AWD, 5 speed tiptronic under construction
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
I've been through the IM 240 test as I have a Windsor running LPG. I fitted late model cats and with some tuning we got the emission in range. I'm not sure how long between getting the nod from the engineer to booking a test takes. I will try to stay in SA and pass it. But if it fails first time then I'm not sure how long I have to wait for a second test. How many of you guys have past the first time round? How stringent is the test. I have no idea what to expect. I know they just need to rev it to 3300 to check the noise.
JD
Hey mate,

passing the car here in S.A. is a good idea IMHO and if your car is built nice and tidy with all of the requirements in the "Statement of Requirements" fulfilled then you should be fine (just check over those and double check against your car build) - passed my GT40 first go and Anthony's AC Cobra passed first go even with those big wide wheels on it LOL... I was always told that they will pick something just to be pricks, but that wasn't true, they just hate being lied to; like most people I guess.

Just don't bullsh@t the inspector and always tell him the truth and he will work with you not against you..
Good luck with it mate.

Wil Escabache
ICCARS AC Cobra 001 (AWD) U/C
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net