View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 08:23 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique & Collectile Autos, 408 (351W)
Not Ranked     

Hi Paul,
I went with having Sonny ship me all the parts for the rolling chassis and put it together myself. As you can see, the manual is pretty sparse and a couple of the components they sent me were incorrect, which slowed me down but Joe was really helpful over the phone and replaced the parts pretty quick once he figured out that they were wrong.
The extra few hundred $$ to have them put the chassis together is probably worth the money if you can spare it, unless like me you want the learning experience of doing it all yourself. It took me 3 months to be ready for the body but knowing what I know now, and if I had really managed when I ordered the engine etc I could get to this stage in about 3 weeks - it isn't much work.
I have just ordered the Stage 2 kit and have once again ordered as much as possible from Sonny, so basically all the options as well. I don't have time to properly figure out what donor parts I have to find and then actually source them all. All in I will probably drop twice as much as the "package" with A&CA.
Lee
Good luck!