View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 05:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default Rolling frame

I built my own and it has changed a few times. I started with pinto front calipars and explorier rear brakes and a corvette mc. Braking was marginal.... I switched to 12.19 Wilwood dynalites front and back... stops on a dime, 7/8 mc. Replaced shocks with qa1's and put 170 lb springs in the rear for drag racing. Don't put a panhard bar on it.... it will bind with a triangulated 4 link. If you have adjustable control arms you need to make sure your wheel base is 90" or the 3rd member will hit the cross member behind the rear firewall. Most important is ride height My car sits a little higher then I wanted but the suspenion lines up... meaning pinion angle, lower control arm angle and front alinement is where it should be. Lower control arm is 3deg down. If I raise it the rear gets loose. In the end I had a buddy who builds sprint cars set the suspenion and it now handels it's best. All 4 corners are within 7lb and front to back wt is 50.2/49.8.... with me/fuel/Fe motor and insulation 2720lb
Jon