View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 05:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Street Beasts Cobra 427 S/C, 502 cid
Not Ranked     
Default New Cobra Owner in Hawaii

Aloha, everyone! I just joined Club Cobra and I'm happy to be here!

I've been wanting to own a Cobra for many, many years, and finally got my chance last week when an add popped up on Craigslist. I immediately jumped on a plane and headed to the Big Island of Hawaii (I live on Oahu) to see it. After a thorough inspection of the car and a thrilling test drive, I bought it. It's a Street Beasts 1966 427 SC. The kit was purchased in 2004 by the owner of Automotive Engineering in Kailua-Kona, and assembled as time allowed over the next nine years. Construction was completed in 2013, and the car was painted silver with black racing stripes in 2015. Engine: Ford 520 cid (a bored and stroked 429), cast stroker crankshaft, billet rods, forged aluminum pistons (10.4:1), aluminum cylinder heads, Comp Cams 268 hydraulic flat tappet camshaft, Edelbrock Performer RPM dual plane intake, 750 cfm Holley mechanical secondary carb. Transmission: B&M C6 auto. Rear End: Ford 8.8" with 3.73 gears. Accessories: power steering, power brakes, power seats, tilt steering, AM/FM/CD.

I can see that there are many good people here with lots of experience. I look forward to chatting with you and trading maintenance/repair/tuning tips. I hope I can put my previous (albeit, not extensive) performance car experience to good use and help others with their cars!

Take care,
Todd

Last edited by 520SC; 02-26-2017 at 04:30 PM..