View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 07:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, LS3
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SwtRide View Post
You know you were tempted to bring it home to suffer that great torture, admit it! Curious, what lead you to select the Chevy engine / trans - familiarity from your vette?

Funny you mention the car seat. I too would bring my son in the vette (who is now 14) along everywhere I go. The booster seat left permanent marks - and I love it. Reminds me of the adventures every time I get in for a ride. I'd also get side-way looks from people who disapproved of putting a youngster in the vette (airbag concerns, etc.). My son and I would simply turn to them and give a thumbs up. Worked every time.

Given you're so close to VMS, after the car is done and I'm up that way for whatever reason, I'll be sure to let you know. Perhaps we can meet up at VMS.

Also, if you're ever interested in 1/2 mile events to see how your car runs all out (Cobra or Vette), let me know. I'll introduce you to a few events.

Congrats again.

John
I chose the vette engine trans combo because i wanted paddle shift capability. I have had a bunch of shoulder surgeries and have half a metal shoulder so shifting constantly is not in the cards. We were going to put a Coyote 5.0 with the new 6 speed paddle shift system. Ford was suppose to come out with it in early 2016, it was announced late 2015. Ford then told Jay it would be out Summer of 2016, then they told him and me in an email Sept/Oct and then when that passed they said in the Fall sometime. We got sick of waiting so we came up with using a Pace performance modified LS3 which has been bulletproof for me and I beat the hell out of my vette, burnouts, donuts, hard launches etc so we went with that. It was the first for Jay so some delays occured with suppliers and also installation of everything new. Yes i would meet you at VMS, would love to hear your car start and check out all the bells and whistles. As long as my schedule is clear i would check out one of the events you mentioned. My wife is going to be using my Vette on Fridays, I will be in the Cobra, my son will probably be in the vette and we will be doing Friday Family cruise nights. I have some destinations where we can park the cars safely and do some family friendly things like mini golf, batting cages, going out to eat, going to the back of oxford airport to watch planes land and just some scenic trips. Thats AWESOME that the car seat left marks and i have had people at my sons sporting practices go up to the vette and take pics of my sons car seat inside thinking it was really cool and my local police department said it was legal and the air bag gets switched off automatically if the passenger is under 86 lbs. Next winter when my wife gets kicked out of the garage im hoping she will then say yes to a 4 post lift, LOL.