Old 02-27-2017, 08:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Street Beasts Cobra 427 S/C, 502 cid
Not Ranked     
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewyoung78 View Post
Aloha Todd, welcome to the cobra family on oahu. Im from kailua side and we had a cars and coffee today and another gathering at kapolei wendy. come out and introduce yourself sometime. mine is a dark silver/silver superformance.

Andrew
My friend, Scot, also recently purchased a Cobra, a Unique Motorsports 427 SC with a stroker small block 427 and a 5-speed manual. It's blue with white stripes. I expect that we'll attend Cars and Coffee events together, so if you see his car and my car (silver with black stripes) parked side-by-side, that'll be us. Hope to meet you soon.

I tried to post a link to the Bleizn FX March 2017 cruise night schedule, but because of the web link, it's stuck in the administrators' in box for approval. Go to Google and query on Bleizn FX March 2017, and the schedule will be the first hit listed. I think we'll attend the Friday, March 10 event at the Manana McDonald's (Pearl City Walmart).

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Hana traffic is somewhat seasonal. We were there in Feb and was able to have some nice sections where there was no traffic. I wasn't going excessively fast, definitely within the capabilities of me and the car but our passengers got car sick and we had an evening group dinner so we headed back about 1/3 way instead of going all the way around. I hope to go back and drive it all the way around.
I attempted to post a link to a picture of the road to Hana, but to no avail. I wanted to show the readers what we're talking about. It's by no means an appropriate place to challenge a Cobra's speed and handling capabilities.

If you do a Google query on "road to Hana" and select IMAGES, a pic of that road will be the first hit. Scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI Cobra View Post
Welcome to the Cobra madness! There are plenty of Cobras there and good people who own and drive them. I recently moved to Texas where the roads, lack of traffic, and speed limits allow one to have some fun with them. Big Island is probably the best island to own one for driving it, because Oahu is just way too crowded - and too many speed traps. Be careful and enjoy the ride!
I agree, Flip. My car will see very infrequent full throttle pulls. It's just too risky on Oahu. Plus, I still have a 2014 moving violation lingering on my driving record. One more strike, and I'm out. These things are tough to insure.

Last edited by 520SC; 02-27-2017 at 09:17 PM..