View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 04:43 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve meltzer View Post
Got out to the car this PM and despite kicking on the e-pump the pressure never got to be more than 3-4 PSI, the car started but died about 100' later. Couldn't restart and pressure remained at 3 with or without the e-pump. Cranked OK, but would never fire. I needed to get home, so my wife took me, leaving the car parked at work. Tomorrow I'll see if I have spark or fuel or whatever I can determine. Could the mechanical pump fail in such away that the e-pump can't bring fuel to the rail? Or, is this just another problem before I start cussing, swearing and throwing dangerous objects? thanx s
Well look on the bright side. A no-start/no-run condition is a heckuva lot easier to figure out than an intermittent, car still runs, but misbehaves condition. Even if the car starts, I would not drive her home -- 1) you could stall on the highway, which is a danger; and 2) there's a small chance that the loss of fuel pressure is the result of "internal bleeding" in to the oil pan. I don't think that's happening, but I'm not going to risk your engine on it. Put her on a flatbed and get 'er home. Then we'll figure it out.

Last edited by patrickt; 03-03-2017 at 04:45 AM..