View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 05:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR Keith Craft 408
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SwtRide View Post
I'll agree the 60 ft is terrible because I had to roll out in 1st spinning, then grab second spinning and just as i'm hooking, I'm at/past the 1/4 mile. And the 1/4 ET is slower than a stock C6Z. I know because my car has run 8.5 at 160+ in the 1/4. Trust me the power is there. But I'm curious, what have you run in the 1/2? I'd definitely welcome input based on experience.
I've never done the half. We have the mile down here in Texas, and if it wasn't booked I'd say you'd have fun participating. Most of my racing has been on a 1/4 mile strip, an SCCA. My C5Z was stock when I ran it, and it cut 1.8 60s and 12.51@114 through the 1/4. I did some modding but never got to strip it. I live in between 2 drag strips, and both are 2 hours away, so not to accessible. Now that my girls are older I'd like to strip this Cobra just to see where it is at. I'm thinking 11.0-11.3 at around 123 or so, but I need to run it to find out. Ive been running SCCA solo to burn these tires out, but they are rock hard.

So those times are from your run at the 1/2 mile? Why are you 40mph slower from your 1/4 mile runs?