View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 07:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Ted,

Ross Henry, Dennis Olthoff and John Cropper did the majority of the discussion with Rick Parent, and probably others at SVRA to get the Superformance FIA/Comp models approved for vintage racing. I have been working directly with Rick Parent and have been keeping an ongoing dialogue with him as the build is progressing regarding parts that I have purchased.

Basically to see what you might require to compete in SVRA with a replica, go to the SVRA website and look up the car that you are replicating (right now for Superformance the only cars approved are the 289's) and look at the make and model specification sheet under the car rules section. It will describe how your car has to be set up. The frame, engine, transmission, suspension, brakes and body have to meet the standards set in that document.

SVRA, and most vintage groups, do not allow stroking of engines, aluminum heads, or transmissions that are not similar to the original transmission. they do allow after market blocks and heads if they are of the same material, stroke and bore (with allowed over bore of 0.047) as original, iron for cobras.

You would have to also meet the requirements for general safety concerns regarding fuel cell, harnesses, roll cage, etc.

It would probably involve a lot of alteration to your existing car. PM me with your phone number if you want to talk more.

Jim

Last edited by 1795; 03-11-2017 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: forgot something