View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 11:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTORHEAD View Post
Jim: I haven't been following your thread, just taking a peek now and then, when it dawned on me that you were going Vintage racing with a REPLICA ! I have been toying with the idea of selling my Kirkham as a vintage racer, but didn't know which racing assoc allowed replicas. Had been trying to contact Ric Parent @ svra, and tried to make contact with him at Sebring last sat, but he wasn't there.(home with the flu I was told)
I just now did a quick review of your thread, and lo and behold, I see that SVRA does allow some replicas. Could you tell me who at SVRA was/is your contact ?
Looks like your car will be something special, good luck with it !

Ted
this is what the FIA says, regarding their HTP (historical technical passport),
the FIA HTP might be the most valuable paper for historic racing:

"The HTP is essentially a sporting document and says nothing about the authenticity, provenance, origins, etc, of a car. It is concerned only that the car’s specification is that of the particular model it purports to be, the whole purpose of the HTP is to try to ensure that cars accord with the authentic specification and can therefore compete with one another fairly.
This HTP must refer to a historic period in the life of the car/model considered (a “snapshot”). This is not necessarily the point of original manufacture. Period Specification is defined as corresponding to the configuration of the model, proven to the satisfaction of the FIA to have existed in the period in which it is classified (Art. 3.3.1 of FIA Appendix K).
Whether the car is wholly original, partly original, assembled wholly or partly out of period components or a copy or replica built recently is not relevant to the issuing of an HTP. The prime criteria to be granted an HTP is that the car represents a provable specification and type that competed internationally in period."