View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 10:36 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     
Default A Small Factoid...

Here's a factoid of which you are probably unaware, but since you wrote that you set your floats "dry," it came to mind, so I went down and pulled my bowls off to snap this pic. Most people think that the bowls are the same on both the primary and secondary side (aside from the fuel inlet fitting direction). But you can see from this pic that the sight hole for setting the float adjustment is noticeably lower on the secondary side. And you know you can do "micro-tuning" by turning up the float a bit, which will act like a slightly bigger jet, or turn the float down a bit, which will act like a smaller jet. Now I'm not talking much, maybe an eighth of an inch or so. But you do have to set your floats "wet" as soon as you get your carb fully hooked up. Even if the car is running great, you have to set them. And, of course, start with it set to "just barely a dribble" out the hole when you rock the car.