View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 06:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 824 with 470 FE BBM street 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim7139 View Post
Truth be told, it is just far easier to sit there, pull the wheel and slide the switch off after you back off the screw. It takes five minutes, start to finish.
Sounds like you have the connection issue at the terminal end. You cannot really fix it until you slide it off and you have enough room to do that and reverse it for proper access/resolder without disconnecting anything.
The surgery was pretty easy. I pulled the switch and cleaned the contacts. Now every time I press the switch I can hear the relay activate. About half the time the high beams turn on/off, so I'm pretty sure I have a relay issue.

I pulled the relay and ordered a replacement. The picture looks correct, but neither of the cross-reference numbers I had came up in a search at the auto parts store or online.
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009PQA9W4/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

I pulled the relay by feel, but will need to see what I'm doing to reinstall it. What's the best way to get in to see what I'm doing?