View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 11:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, 5.0 Coyote
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REY 427 View Post
Saw your post on Instagram. Those look good! Has it stopped snowing in Colorado yet so you can take her out?
Haha just barely! I got it out a couple times this weekend. It's supposed to snow again tonight... Looking forward to the summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashburn View Post
At the time your car was built there were really 2 options for these aftermarket style headlamps and they were either $900+ and totally functional or $80 and for looks only. That's actually how we sold them back then as "show only". Glad you found the new offerings and they work well.

There are so many sellers of these now but you do have to watch out. I just received a cheaper set and the halos and wiring are not what the seller lists, and most of these sellers do not handle english well.
That makes sense. I know there are a ton of Chinese offerings for these style of lights. I feel like I did a decent amount of research on this particular set and on others. This seemed like the best compromise to me.

Btw, do y'all offer aftermarket packages on your cross-stitched interior components? I'd like to do the seats and door panels first then do the carpet on the sides of the tunnel in cross stitched leather as well. For some reason all of the stitching on the car is gold to match the accent on the stripes with the exception of the BDR logo on the driver seat; it came out silver. Not sure what's up with that. I just tell the wife that it's because I'm second place to her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
I'd be curious how they stand up long term. LEDs typically have a much shorter life when they're not properly cooled. The LED headlights I've looked at have heat sinks and some have fans to draw away the heat. The headlight buckets on my Cobra are sealed in back, so nowhere for the heat to go. Are your headlight buckets open? If not, how do you get rid of the heat?
The back of the light housing has the ribs for better cooling, but I too have sealed buckets. I doubt I'll do enough sustained night driving for them to get hot. The Jeep world has had great success with the longevity of this particular setup so I'm not terribly worried.