View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     

Hi Don,
Well ive only just been able to get communication with the rest of the world late this arvo,
phone lines and internet have just been restored, we have had no power since last saturday, no internet no mobile phone coverage no TV, not even local ABC radio, we have been running the house on genny power for about 12 hours a day just to keep the fridges cold and lighting etc,
down to my last 20 ltrs of fuel to keep it going,
powerlines down everywhere, the place is a total mess, have not seen an SES or Ergon repair linesman crew yet, hopefully tomorrow.
Plenty of army choppers going overhead. Apparently there will be a garage open tomorrow selling fuel in Proserpine by generator, so will line up probably for hours to fill my 140 ltrs of gerry cans because i cant see power being restored for quite a while yet.
Susposed to be about 1300 soldiers turning up soon to help out with clean up, i could do with a hand, our block with mature fruit trees and other special trees and plants we have spent nurturing for the last 8 years has been smashed, its such a shame, i now have about a weeks work on a chainsaw and gutbusting to clean it up. the mountains look almost like a bushfire went through them, there is hardly a leaf left on the trees, it is really eerie. i have been through 6 or 7 cyclones now but Debbie was by far the worst, it was so slow moving it lasted for 3 days, the eye took 2 hours to go over us and the wind, you just cant describe it and the rain was perfectly flat horizontal, i wouldnt wish it on anybody.
THe neighbours ceilings collapsed in on them at 3.00 in the morning and in the midst of all that they had to scramble over to our house with their little 2 year old girl their cat and dog, they are still here.
We are all in a bit of shock really and im feeling a bit depressed, but we will move on, it could of been worse.

As for the car, no other plans but to sell it, just got to get through this lot now.
Cheers Tom.