View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 06:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tom the TV images have been heartbreaking and Airlie Beach seemes to have borne the brunt of a direct hit. I saw the first of the evacuees from Daydream come ashore in Shute Harbour today and they said much the same as you -- the island is trashed, and having no comms left them feeling disconnected and apprehensive. Power on the mainland should take five to ten days to restore is the word.
The remnants hit Brisbane today. Over 200 mls in two days for me but very little wind thankfully. I've heard other people describe the sound of the wind as terrifying. Pool's overflowing and full of s##t and ground floor's flooded. What a mongrel thing Debbie turned out to be, and we only had her tail end at about a Cat 1 strength, not a 4 like you had. The SES is pretty stretched because a lot of their people are up in your neck of the woods. 36000 homes without power in the south east tonight.
I'm very sorry to hear of the damage to your orchard. Take it carefully with the chainsaw. The clean up doesn't have to be done in a day. No sense pushing yourself beyond safe limits and doing yourself an injury. It will be sobering when people come out from under and try to understand the enormity of the damage to homes crops businesses and infrastructure. I think you're right. This one was the worst in living memory --from Ingham to Newcastle has been affected. Crazy!
Mate I'm thinking of you and also my relatives in Townsville and some friends in Mackay. All the best for the coming weeks. Sing out if we can do anything for you from this end.