View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 12:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Some more tinkering and measurements today.

Definitely no go on turning the pivot bolt around Mike, so got some half lock nuts - thanks for the tip. Heaps more room there now.

Took out the single 25mm spacer on the rack and got a bunch of 3mm washers to muck around with spacing the rack. I also took a measurement with the rack not spaced and the rod end on the top of the steering arm - result was as bad as it looked to the naked eye. Im probably running a bit more castor than standard now so again it might not be the same result for everyone, but worth taking a measurement if you have done this.

My question is which of the 2 lines (with the rack spaced 12mm and 15mm respectively is better. The ride height is around 240-250 on the x-axis in the graph. With the 12mm spacer I get <=1mm toe from 20mm drop to full bump, but at full droop it toes out to 9mm - this to me looks a little better than the 15mm spacer which has a lower maximum toe, but is not as flat around the ride height.

I dont think I can get much better unless I shorten the rack which isnt going to happen (power steering)