View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevins2 View Post
Thanks much. I'm going to start by relocating the canceling pins as Bob described to eliminate the canceling too soon issue. For some reason, my switch works well and feels good for a right turn, but for left, it has a notchy feeling that you have to pass through (feels like forcing something). In the end, it works, but doesn't feel right. I'll see if I can figure out what's causing that when I take it off to relocate the pins.

Thanks again for the info. If I can't get mine to work better I'll just order this SWF switch and be done with it.
Hi Keven - if you go ahead and pull it out you might want to go ahead and pull it apart and examine the contracts. The contacts on one side got bent over on mine causing problems. I had already ordered a new one but went ahead and repaired the old one for a spare. Here is a picture of what I found.

These pictures aren't exactly self-explanatory but I remember the problem being pretty apparent once I had it out and opened up.

It may be possible to make an easy repair. Or it could be something completely different.