View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 12:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Not Ranked     

No...liability only. I drive the car SO little (I live 900 miles from where it is stored) and am so VERY careful when I drive it...that day it had been drizzling and I had put new MT/SR rear tires on it and headed for Austin, which is where my daughter lives. I passed a truck with a large box on it and ended up in what the police described as an unavoidable accident, Nobody was cited at the scene and I still have not been back to the town where the car is STILL stored in the garage of a home I own.
I will say this...when the car is drivable again (IF?), I will certainly insure it more fully and will NEVER AGAIN use State Farm for my auto insurance. I tried to get the SF claims agent to go after the party who turned right into the back fender of my replica (even though they had a left-turn signal on, to which there were witnesses) and they refused. They were more worried about State Farms' bottom line than the welfare and benefit of their customer. I told the agent "...thank you for your time and shame on you for not protecting your customers!" He was not amused, but at that point I did not care.

I figured it was an issue of replacement...so, now...are there any recommendations for a shop in the Houston area where I can have it towed so that the process can begin?

Dugly

No names were changed to protect the innocent!