View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 01:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerDugliness View Post
No...liability only. I drive the car SO little (I live 900 miles from where it is stored) and am so VERY careful when I drive it...that day it had been drizzling and I had put new MT/SR rear tires on it and headed for Austin, which is where my daughter lives. I passed a truck with a large box on it and ended up in what the police described as an unavoidable accident, Nobody was cited at the scene and I still have not been back to the town where the car is STILL stored in the garage of a home I own.
I will say this...when the car is drivable again (IF?), I will certainly insure it more fully and will NEVER AGAIN use State Farm for my auto insurance. I tried to get the SF claims agent to go after the party who turned right into the back fender of my replica (even though they had a left-turn signal on, to which there were witnesses) and they refused. They were more worried about State Farms' bottom line than the welfare and benefit of their customer. I told the agent "...thank you for your time and shame on you for not protecting your customers!" He was not amused, but at that point I did not care.

I figured it was an issue of replacement...so, now...are there any recommendations for a shop in the Houston area where I can have it towed so that the process can begin?

Dugly
You're bad mouthing State Farm insurance because you chose to save a few bucks and not to properly insure your car? Basically, you gambled and lost.
Since you didn't have collision coverage on your car at the time of the accident, then you opted out of being able to have your insurance company represent you in case of an accident. If the company does not experience a covered loss (read that a monetary payout) then they cannot represent you in your claim against the other party. They have to have a dog in the fight. No company would help you out of this situation. You chose not to have the proper coverage on your vehicle. You gambled and lost. Your only recourse is civil or small claims court.
Don't blame the insurance company for your screw up. Accept responsibility and move on.
And, yes, my wife is a State Farm Agent and she hears this complaint weekly. Clients want to save a few bucks by reducing their insurance and then blame either the agent or the company when their decisions come back and bite them in the butt.
And, don't worry, since you reported the accident to your agent, they might just cancel you anyway.