View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 05:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
You're bad mouthing State Farm insurance because you chose to save a few bucks and not to properly insure your car? Basically, you gambled and lost.
Thanks for the lecture on insurance, but it was neither necessary (I even wrote State Farm and told them I did not expect them to repair my car because it was my choice to not elect collision or comprehensive), nor was it productive (believe me, I have kicked my own ass all the way back to Kansas because of my "false economy"). To be fair to State Farm, they have willingly paid the towing fee to get the car back to my house and they have paid my medical bills for the 9 staples it took to get my scalp to heal well. Having said that, it remains my assertion that since no citations were issued State Farm failed miserably to represent me by chosing to roll over rather than fighting for me, their paying client. They could well have made the other decision, specifically to say that the action of the driver of the other car to turn right when she was displaying the intent to make a left hand turn was the proximate cause of the accident and therefore fight for the other company to cover all damages to my car and other associated costs. So what if the issue ended up in court...I pay their premiums and expect them to represent ME in court if necessary, which they failed miserably to do. I still say shame on them!
They prioritized their own bottom line over the interests of their customer and yes, I am considering legal action. The sad state of affairs is that you are probably right, they have already screwed me once and despite the fact that no citations were issued to cause them to determine I was at fault they will probably screw me again by cancelling me...who in their right mind would believe that company deserves their further patronage (except perhaps someone whose wife works for the "offending party")?
I must praise my agent for her willingness to press the case with State Farm and also for her assistance with handling the PIP and roadside assistance claims.

Dugly

No names were changed to protect the innocent!